Sales Development Representative
As a Sales Development Representative (SDR) you will work across Newsela’s Sales organization to support aggressive growth by researching, prospecting through calls and emails, and qualifying leads in order to build pipeline for Field Reps and our Customer Success Team. Your days will be composed of responding to inbound inquiries, proactive cold outreach to potential new customers, and providing online product demonstrations that draw prospects into initial discovery calls and identify key needs that ultimately lead to qualified opportunities for our Sales team.
Why you'll love this role:
- You will collaborate within the Sales organization to inform strategy and process that enhances sales performance
- You will be part of a team that has incredible support through sales training and enablement, as well as through marketing and operations
- As the initial point of contact with prospects, you’ll represent the future of education, enhancing how districts and teachers engage students, and helping provide approaches that allow educators to design customized learning for different levels of reader
- Your feedback from the market will also help drive future product enhancements
Why you're a great fit:
- You have 1+ year of lead generation or inside sales experience
- Your pipeline generation experience includes engaging prospects through email and phone conversations that lead to qualified meetings
- You leverage your Salesforce.com experience and sales process training to tactfully manage a pipeline to meet and exceed team goals
- You are familiar with sales platforms such as Salesloft, Outreach.io, or Yesware
- You are an excellent communicator who can truly empathize with the challenges our different buyers face
- You’re able to establish clear value propositions that connect buyer/user needs to the product and services we offer
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and use your creativity when partnering with team members to ensure flawless execution
Base compensation range: $60,000 + OTE. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component, incentive stock options, benefits in addition to base salary. This compensation range may be adjusted based on actual experience.
Newsela takes authentic, real world content from trusted sources and makes it instruction ready for K-12 classrooms. Each text is published at five reading levels, so content is accessible to every learner. Today, over 3.3 million teachers and 40 million students have registered with Newsela for content that's personalized to student interests, accessible to everyone, aligned to instructional standards, and attached to activities and reporting that hold teachers accountable for instruction and students accountable for their work. With over 15,000 texts on our platform and multiple new texts published every day across 20+ genres, Newsela enables educators to go deep on any subject they choose.
Why you’ll love working at Newsela:
- Health & Wellness: Access to the world’s leading medical experts for healthcare (pets included!). Discounts and resources to stay healthy: mind, body, and soul.
- Work From Home: Almost all of our roles are fully remote - tech stipend included!
- Supporting ALL Families: Supplemental programs and time off to take care of your family and yourself.
- Time Off: Flexible PTO to recharge, including Sabbatical Leave
- Inclusive Experiences: Robust DEIB curriculum, Identity & Experience Groups (Affinity Groups + Employee Resource Group), Authentic & Transparent conversations with Executive Leadership Teams, and integration of DEIB lens across Talent lifecycle processes.
- Professional Development: Holistic Learning & Development Programs that enable meaningful & inclusive experiences, programs that build future-focused competencies, cohort & community learning sessions that foster a sense of belonging, and individual development plans aligned with your personal and professional aspirations to turn goals into reality.
- Make A Difference: No matter your role or department, the work you do each day helps share the future of education and improves the lives of students and teachers.